EiABC Student Council 2016/2017
EiABC students constitute not only the most vital component of the institute; they are the mere reason why EiABC is in existence. To channel and voice their interests, comments, concerns, and suggestions, EiABC established since it's start in 2009 a strong and active Student Council. The Student Council is a representative body composed of student representatives from each batch and program, chosen by their respective classmates. The Student Council represents therefore the largest interest group of EiABC and is acting to their advantage. Two members of the Student Council have a seat in the EiABC Council, the highest decision making organ of EiABC.
Next to the representative character of the Student Council, it also organizes social and extracurricular activities such as the Social Clubs, the Environmental Days at EiABC, the Best Teaching Award etc. The Student Council works in very close collaboration with the Dean of Students in terms of provision of dormitory space and food, establishes rules and regulation for a social and fair student community, is part of discipline committees, helps freshman students with their orientation, and therefore acts in a social, ethical, democratic and transparent way to the benefit of all students of EiABC.
“The EiABC Student Council endeavors to serve the EiABC student body with dedication to the delivery of student services.
The EiABC Student Council motivates and empowers the EiABC student to encourage and apply innovation and to foster the development of the institution and the country.
The EiABC Student Council is committed to engage every student in social responsibility whilst upholding the values of integrity, transparency and joint participation.
Through accountability, responsiveness, open mindedness and humility we are committed to promoting development, equality and justice to the students.
The EiABC Student Council serves as an intermediary among the EiABC students and other members of the EiABC community.”
- To enhance the advancement of student life, quality education and student participation.
- To motivate every student in facilitating the development of EiABC for the transformation of the Ethiopian society
- We strive to be the Standard – to be the premier student council in EiABC.We will be:
- Relevant -- students value us because we identify and satisfy current student
needs and wants.
- Influential -- the University actively seeks our input regarding issues
that matter to students.
- Innovative -- we create new ideas that are fresh and forward-thinking.
- Independent --we will always be a government by and for the students.
- To represent the interests of the student body through initiatives, programs and
services that enrich students’ lives.
- The EiABC Student Council will work with EiABC community to accelerate EiABC, serving as a benchmark for all Ethiopian Universities by empowering students in their development as professionals, competent entrepreneurs and socially responsible leaders.
- To contribute to maintaining and enhancing student life in all the relevant aspects such as academic and social areas.
- To mediate the gap between the students and management.
- To improve transparency through consistent communication with the students.
- To encourage and support active participation of all students in community engagement projects.
Developing and promoting leadership abilities
Building awareness, respect, and value for all people
Striving for and creating motivation for academic excellence
Building a partnership between the school and community with service
Creating activities for campus pride and participation
The EiABC Student Council upholds:
- To lead by example in all its conduct and activities
- To be recognizable and visible through effective and interactive communication
- To promote academic excellence by working to ensure a safe and nurturing environment conductive to learning and personal growth.
- To take responsibility for issues and bring innovative and practical solutions to student problems or concerns
- To protect and improve the rights, opportunities, quality of academic studies and life of every students.
- To safeguard student interests.
- To promote participation, consciousness and engagement of the student on various levels of the institutes, the university, the society and the global
- To ensure equality, mutual understanding and tolerance within student relations regardless of the race, religion, political opinion, gender, age, economic condition, physical disposition of the student.
- To make sure the university’s organization, administration and other organs follow democratic and justice operations, services to the benefit of the students.
- To help protect academic freedom, critical and creative thinking while promoting a solution oriented mindset to support the institute in intellectual debates.
- To create a spirit of good and transparent cooperation with the student councils of other higher education institution nationally and internationally to ensure the mutual benefits of all students as well as international students.
|4||MASRESHA SEYOUM||COTM||5th||Student service||0910393470|
|5||TESFAYE ABEBE||ARCH||3rd||Student service||0916486278|
|8||DESALEGN BERHANU||COTM||3rd||Event organizer||033687562|
|10||ABEL KASSA||URPL||5th||Deciplin com.||0916486278|
|11||TEKALEYN GIRMA||COTM||4th||Sport com.||0923837328|
|12||ASHENAFI ALEAYEHU||COTM||5th||Sport com.||0927253322|
|13||MILLION SEBSIBE||COTM||2nd||Club organizer||0934234149|
|14||MOHAMED YOUSUF||COTM||1st||Student service||0935199785|
|15||BEREKET DEMISSIE||COTM||2nd||Sport com.||0926347527|
|16||HILINA ASNAKE||ARCH||1st||Gender com.||0919156084|